Friday, May 7, 2010

Follow up from last week

Well, after last week's blog, I went through some old fabric scraps. I pulled together enough to make 2 "scrappy" bags. Here's how they turned out:



The first one is mine. I put two pockets on the front and 1 pocket on the back. There is also one large pocket on the inside.








Then this next one I made for my son's girlfriend. She loves black, so I found some fabrics that would work for her. I made it with the same pocket configuration as mine.













I put grommets on the sides of both bags, so that the handles would be adjustable.


They ended up being really fun to make! They came together much quicker than I expected, and by the time I was done, I was already thinking of ideas for more.


These were pretty basic - I was just getting the idea together. When I get the time to make more, I'll have to add some embellishments and details to make them a little more fun.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool!
It's always refreshing to make something outside our work projects- and even more satisfying when the materials are free!
These bags are nice. And NO one can ever have enough bags.

Unknown said...

Are these the bags you were talking about making in our earlier correspondence? I love them. Of course I'd love to see close, close ups too.. but then I know you can't give away all the secrets.