Friday, May 14, 2010

Cornices

This week I made 2 cornices, as well as many other things. This picture is 1 of the 2 cornices that I made, and how it looked before leaving my workroom. As a trade only workroom, I do not do my own installations, and therefore, rarely get to see any of my projects after they have been installed.





However, with this particular set of cornices, I had contact with the client, and was able to ask her if she would be willing to send me a couple of pictures after they had been hung. She was very sweet about it and shortly after installation, I had pictures! It's so nice to see how everything looks in its setting.

Here are a couple of pictures of the cornice hanging. I realize that you don't get to see the entire room, but it makes such a difference seeing them over a window, rather than on my work table! I appreciate this client and the time that she took so I could have these pictures.



I hope you all have a great weekend!
By next week at this time, I fully expect to be a first time Grandma - so just try and guess what I'll be posting pictures of! :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Spectacular Annie!! Love that look for an office or smoking room (not that anyone should be smoking though!!)

hudsondebb said...

Beautiful, Annie!
I'm in the same boat as you- more often than not I don't see my work installed in the home. It's nice to get pictures once in awhile.
Grandma- you gotta be kidding!- from your picture I'd have thought you were barely old enough to be a Mom! Congratulations!