Friday, May 21, 2010

Re-make

I just finished a project that was a re-make from 2004.



Back then, I had made the following treatment for a client. It has the gold panels gathered onto a board and swags and cascades over the top. Then there are also short little gold valances to cover the open areas behind the swags. The last part is the cords and tassels that hang on either side of each valance.

Fast forward to this week - 6 years later. I got a call from a new client (designer). She happened to be working with this same person! They wanted to paint this room a new color and the red/gold embroidered silk swags and cascades would not match. So they chose a new color and had me just replace the swags and cascades, leaving all the gold parts as is. They also chose to leave off the cords and tassels.



This picture is just in my workroom, so I'm sure it doesn't do the finished product justice. It will be nicely steamed and dressed. I have no idea what the new wall color is, but I am amazed at what a difference one color makes. Even though you can tell it's the same treatment and still even silk, but that color changes everything!



Then of course, no blog would be complete without a new Grandma's pride and joy. Meet my first grandchild! Genevieve Morgan Davis was born on Tuesday morning, May 19 at 5:23 am. She weighed in at 7 lbs 14 oz and was 20" long. I've only got to spend time with her once, so far, but she already has a special place in Grandma's heart!

Welcome to our family, Ginny!



4 comments:

Tammy@InStitches said...

Beautiful treatment and beautiful baby, you must be so happy !

Nancy Letts said...

I love that color combination, hope you get a new pic of it in the room.

And what a beautiful photo of your granddaughter, I see many happy hours with her in your future!

Unknown said...

yahoo, baby Ginny!
teach that girl to sew

Anonymous said...

Annie,

I love the remake, but I must admit, nothing compares to the beauty of that new Granddaughter!