Sunday, June 6, 2010

Luggage tags

With summer upon us, I'm thinking about the 2 trips that I have planned so far. I have noticed that when you're standing at the baggage claim at the airport, so many suitcases look alike. There are people who take a strip of fabric and tie it around their suitcase handle to make it easier to spot theirs. So, I took that idea and decided to make a tag to put on my suitcase that would be easy to spot. This is what I came up with:



On the left is the back side, and on the right is the face - just some scraps that are pieced together. It was fun to do and went pretty fast! I made one for myself and one for my best friend, while I was at it.
You have to admit, the colors have a tendance to jump out at you! I was thinking about attaching my business card to the back side, but having it in bown and green, just didn't look good - so it goes in the one that came with the suitcase originally. I have to amit though, I love the colors of my new tag up against the black!

I've got my first summer trip coming up at the end of the month, so I can check 1 item off my list. Next is to get a new swimsuit. Don't worry, I WON'T be blogging about that. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great use of your fabric scraps. Hope you have some good trips coming up!

Unknown said...

Oh, those are cool!
I remember years ago I bought red luggage thinking how easy it would be to spot- haha, EVERYBODY bought red luggage that year!
Isn't it fun to use fabric scraps for something nice for ourselves?!

Anonymous said...

I love them Annie!!!! You have inspired me to do the same... in fact how fun would it be to embroider your info as well!!!
These are beautiful... great job!! I LOVE the fabrics and the colors!!!!

Annie Davis said...

Kay:

The embroider idea would be great, but I don't have an embroidery machine! HMMM... I'm thinking that I know someone that does! :D

Deb:

Scraps can be fun. And the biggest piece on this was 5 x 8" for the back. I'm betting anyone has scraps that size.