Friday, April 9, 2010

I found a mascot!

I was with a good friend of mine at our local quilter's guild meeting last month. At the end of each meeting, there is time for "show and tell". Anyone who has finished a project is invited to bring it and show it to the group. Linda and I sat there and about died when a lady got up and showed her version of the above quilt.

We both thought the same thing - this would look PERFECT hanging in our workrooms! We are both quilters at heart and have many projects going at the same time. Since I am also a drapery workroom, I was thinking about even making two of these as wall hangings - one to be a Quilt Diva and the other to be a Workroom Diva. Although the pictures may end up looking quite a bit the same, there could definitely be some differences.

I think she deserves a name and a place of honor as my workroom mascot. First of all, though, I guess I should order the pattern. It will take some time to pick out just the right elements for each detail, but that's half the fun. As I get this going, I'll keep you posted!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Tammy@InStitches said...

Oh Annie, she sure is something ! I didn't know you were a quilter. Email me your address and I'll send you something. Have a great weekend.

hudsondebb said...

Make the Workroom Diva out of drapery fabric scraps! And substitute a tool box and a ladder.

Annie Davis said...

Cute idea Deb!