Friday, July 23, 2010

Getting Ready for Vacation

This week, next week is on my mind. Yep, that's what I said. A week from today, I leave for a vacation to Playa del Carmen in Mexico! The trip that I made to Tulsa over the 4th of July, was just a warm up for me. The group that I spent the 4th with, mostly makes up the group that I will be in Mexico with. I am so looking forward to seeing the "crew" again, as well as experiencing this side of Mexico.

I have been to Mexico once before, but that was back in the 70's, when I was in high school. I was a part of a church group going to Mexico to work with some missionaries there. That trip consisted of riding on a school bus (that ended up getting stolen during the trip), food poisoning for a great many in the group, being in a small village that only had water for 2 hours per day, and many other stories that bring back a lot of memories. However, for some reason, I do have to say that I'm expecting quite a bit of difference between that trip and the one I am going on this time.

This is the first time that I will be seeing this:



The ocean and a real beach!!! Now, even though I don't know how to swim, I can still look forward to a walk on the beach and getting a new profile picture for Facebook with my toes in the ocean/sand. :)

This picture is another part of Playa that I am looking forward to experiencing. It's called 5th Street, and it's where most of the tourists shop while in Playa del Carmen. I've been told that I will want to barter for what I want to buy. That's going to be a tough one for me. It took me quite a while to get into the habit of NOT bartering when it comes to my prices in the window treatment industry. Just goes to show that there are exceptions to every rule.


I'm certainly hoping for a lot of pictures that will be better than those posted here. Mostly because they will have been experience, and not just Googled.
Here's to a great week for all of you. I'll be back to my blog in 2 weeks.
Cheers!


No comments: